TEACHING IN HOLYOKE
The Holyoke School District is looking for professionals who are ready to work collaboratively to achieve our district goals.
- Wonderful community
- Small-town environment with many amenities including an indoor pool, golf course, nice parks, many restaurants and a movie theatre
New teachers who have recently joined us in Holyoke have this to say…
“I’m always learning and growing from other teachers and administrators. I feel they care about my success.” — 2nd yr teacher
“Having taught in a large, metro school district, I feel that the professional opportunities and experiences that teachers have in Holyoke are outstanding for a small, rural school district.” — Veteran, 2nd yr Holyoke
“People in the community are friendly and welcoming to new comers. It is great to be a Dragon! “ — Veteran, 2nd yr Holyoke
MISSION VALUES GOALS
Graduate every student prepared with the necessary knowledge, skill and character to find success in life.
- Student Achievement in the Top 25% of all schools in the State.
- Recruit, retain and develop a high quality teaching and classified staff.
- Practice fiscal responsibility and develop a budget focused on District Goals.
- Demonstrate pride in our facilities and grounds creating the optimum learning environment.
- Continuously improve communication and outreach with our community.
- Classes of 18-27 students
- A diverse population
- Graduates are ready to thrive in any setting
- K-12 art, music and PE programs
- Multiple choices for sports each season
- Clubs compete nationally each year
- Jr./Sr. High has its own TV studio
- Alternative School
- Teachers have a laptop, iPad, and Chromebook
- Classrooms outfitted with an interactive board
- Students in grades 5-12 have their own Chromebook
- Elementary students have access to two mobile computer labs and a stationary lab of computers that can be checked out
- K-6 Technology class
- Recently upgraded existing wireless Internet
- Outstanding participation at conferences
- Parent and community volunteers
- PIE Group (Parents Involved in Education)
- Local Foundation
- Community passed a mill levy override
- 9 personal days
- Sick bank covers maternity leave
- Principals work with their teachers
- Committees to be sure that teachers’ voices are heard
- Competitive starting salary of $33,500
- #1 starting pay out of 13 BOCES Districts
- Full benefits package
- Building and security upgrades