Northeast Colorado BOCES – Visible Learning Onboarding Toolkit
Visible Learning Webinars
- Visible Learning – 10 Mindframes for Visible Learning by John Hattie
- In this webinar, participants will learn about the Ten Mindframes for Visible Learning that teachers and leaders need to adopt in order to maximize student success.
- Visible Learning – Building and Developing Assessment-Capable Learners facilitated by John Hattie
- Imagine students who describe their learning in these terms: “I know where I’m going, I have the tools I need for the journey, and I monitor my own progress.” Now imagine the extraordinary difference this type of ownership makes in their progress over the year of one school year. In this webinar, participants will explore the visible learner dispositions and how to introduce students to the tools they will use to support their own learning.
- Visible Learning – Know Thy Impact facilitated by John Hattie
- When Professor John Hattie stands up and says “Know thy impact”, he is saying this is possible and, in the best schools and classrooms, that is exactly what teachers are starting to do. How does he know? Because he has the results from studies involving over 250 million students at his fingertips, the analysis of which enables him to reach some quite startling conclusions. However, what everyone needs to remember is that John Hattie’s ‘Visible Learning’ research is only the start of the journey. In this webinar, participants will explore Know Thy Impact and understand their own evidence of impact.
- Visible Learning – Feedback facilitated by John Hattie
How can we give feedback that has the biggest impact on student learning? In this session, participants will explore how feedback aims to reduce the “gap” between where the student is and where they are meant to be. Professor Hattie highlights the importance of how feedback is received, not just the feedback we give, and how teachers seek feedback from students.
- Visible Learning 101 – Part 1 – facilitated by Kristin Anderson
In this webinar, participants will learn about the research and pathways around the leading influences in education.
- Visible Learning 101 – Part 2 – facilitated by Kristin AndersonIn this follow-up webinar, participants will take a deeper dive into the Visible Learning strands, including, Feedback, Inspired and Passionate Teaching, and the Visible Learning dispositions.
Visible Learning Must-Read Articles:
Visible Learning Meta-X
This platform aims to help close the gap between research and practice by identifying the major factors and practices that influence student achievement and accelerate student learning, based in the evidence of what works best in education.
Visible Learning into Action GuideA guide highlighting the research, pathways and case studies around this work. (we will have an updated version spring of 2020)
John Hattie Videos (short-clip videos):
- Key themes of Visible Learning: https://youtu.be/C2Lhq4b2pR8
- What is a Visible Learner?https://youtu.be/61tPsgEhzfs
- What is a Visible Learning Plus Impact Cycle?https://youtu.be/69VxhOExiLQ
- The Outcomes of Visible Learning Plus on Teachershttps://youtu.be/VAAwMg2JxWw
The Outcomes of Visible Learning Plus on Leadershttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9wKlMnN98&list=PL6-HcJKsXgYHt6529jZP8Y_S28nFc9L6K&index=23