Strengths of Wray School District
- Dedicated Teachers and Support Staff
- Support & Mentoring for All Staff
- Small Class Sizes
- 1:1 iPad for grades 5-12
- State of the Art Learning Opportunities for Students and Staff
- Strong Family & Community Involvement
- Strong Extracurricular Activities
To educate each and every student to realize his or her full potential, become a responsible and productive citizen and life-long learner.
In carrying out this mission, the District will provide a safe and orderly environment, adopt a model of continuous improvement, hire and retain quality staff and involve the entire educational community.
- Wray is a proud All-American town whose tradition of excellence allows our community to thrive!
- #4 Safest City in Colorado (2015).
- Creativity & the Arts are very important!
- Strong agricultural & small business community.
- Parents are partners in supporting teachers throughout their career.
- Small town feel with big city technology and resources.
- Public Golf Course.
- Ballyneal Golf & Hunt Club - #40 Top 100 Courses in America.
- Summer concerts at our outdoor amphitheater.
- Monthly concerts downtown with artists from across the nation.
Proud Supporters of the national “Saluting America”
Program and our local veterans!
- Preschool—12th Grade Enrollment = 670
- District-Wide Student to Teacher Ratio = 12:1
- Average Class Size = 18 Students
- SMART Boards in Classrooms
- All 5—12 Students are issued an iPad
- Mac laptops and an iPad for all teachers
Opportunities to Grow at Wray School District
- Instructional Leadership Team led by teachers across the district
- Comprehensive Mentor/Mentee Program
- In-house Induction Program
- Staff-led Committees and Programming
- Coaching Athletics and/or Clubs
- Nationally Recognized FCCLA Program
- FBLA, FFA, National Honor Society, Rho Kappa
- Football, Softball, Volleyball, Basketball, Wrestling, Track, Golf, Cross Country
- Drama Club, Art Club, Destination Imagination, Tech Team