The Special Education Department also provides expertise, guidance and support in the following areas:
- Behavior Evaluation and Support Team – BEST Team - The BEST team is a group of professionals representing preschool through high school. The BEST team is dedicated to assisting and expanding the capacity of schools to respond to behavioral needs of students.
- English Language Learner Team - ELL Team - The ELL team provides leadership, knowledge and materials to address identification, assessment, and the instructional needs of English Language Learners with disabilities.
- Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) - Parents are important partners in supporting the education of students with disabilities, and provide guidance regarding special education services and supports.
- SWAAAC Team - Learning for students with disabilities can be supported with assistive technology. SWAAAC stands for Statewide Augmentative, Alternative, Assistive, Communication Project. The NE BOCES has a team to conduct assessment, as well as provide technical assistance and training around the use of assistive technology to improve communication for students with disabilities.
- Transition Leadership Team - The team provides leadership, knowledge and materials to address transition planning for students with disabilities.